Friday, September 03, 2010

RIP CHALLENGE



I did Carl's RIP Challenge a few years back and did I ever enjoy!

I have been hankering for Fall more than ever this year ( probably due to how hot and unbearably humid Toronto has been this week ) and I am aching for scarves and cups of tea and foggy, dark Autumn nights with sleeked wet pavement, low-light and a good book.

A good gothic-type book with the hooves of hansom cabs; the flicker of kerosene; the dense atmosphere; a murder or two....


So, I am excited EXCITED to take part in this challenge!


I have decided to read the following for this year's RIP CHALLENGE:

1.) Where Serpent's Sleep by C.S. Harris
3.) The Perfume of the Woman in Black ( and other stories ) by Gaston LeRoux
4.) The Keeper of Secrets by Judith Cutler

(5.) optional: The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe


I also really enjoy the fact that there is a film component to this challenge. For this, I plan to view:







2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Thanks for joining in! Excellent list, truly! Might I suggest that you read Mystery of the Yellow Room by Leroux before Perfume as it features the same main character and that is the order that events happen in the books.

Kailana said...

Yay, you are actually blogging again! I missed this because I am so slack on reading blogs... But, still, YAY!

There will be a new Skulduggery Pleasant out before the challenge ends... I just read book 4, finally, and am looking forward to book 5. What do you think of the series now that it is a few books in?