Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ahhhhh BACH

Umm... I sort of love me some Bach. I do! I am a huge fan of the Baroque period, attend most every concert performed by Toronto's World Class Baroque Orchestra, Tafelmusik and spend most of my working hours with Baroque music on itunes.  I love it. It's measured and therapeutic.

There is nothing in the world better than Bach. Seriously.  So, I was, of course, delighted when the Hairpin featured this article.

Read it and love: complete with youtube video of Cachonne BWV 1004.

For you Bach-loving Torontonians, the Anglican Church of the Redeemer (across from the ROM) features amazing Bach Vespers now and then. I often go and lose myself in the wonderment of this sacred religious practice. It's heavenly: especially when couched in the magnificent old church Redeemer worships in.

I guess I should throw something bookish into this post, n'est pas?  So read The Cello Suites by Eric Siblin: a highly-acclaimed and riveting treasure-hunt into some of the most beautiful music ever written.

No comments: