Tuesday, September 01, 2009

GRACE NOTES: coming soon....



The very kind people at Zondervan were good enough to send me an ARC of Philip Yancey's new devotional: Grace Notes.

I grew up with Philip Yancey. In fact, two of my earliest Christian living books were The Jesus I Never Knew and What's So Amazing About Grace.


Yancey has had a huge impact on my family: he is one author every one of my immediate family enjoys.

My dad took me to hear him speak at Tyndale Seminary here in Toronto one winter and I was impressed by how down-to-earth he is--- and how easy to listen to.

As Grace Notes is printed in a devotional format: containing several of Yancey-snippets ( in the tradition, as the back cover says, of Buechner and Lewis), I mean to start tomorrow and see how it goes.



I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, feel free to pre-order a copy here.


A good thing to look forward to in blustery October---- or a great idea for an early Christmas gift.


Check out more Philip Yancey here

No comments: