Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Goodnight Nobody" by Jennifer Wiener

Sometimes, if I feel I HAVE to read a chicklit just to feel like I still belong to the female populus, I will only read Jennifer Weiner or Marian Keyes ( the two chicklit writers with brains ).


This book was long, occasionally funny but convoluted. If I had read it in one sitting on the beach instead of over a series of nights before dozing, I would have thought differently. Weiner is a good writer though. Probably the best of the American lot of her genre.


I am too tired to talk about it.Hopefully this weekend I can catch you all up on the five or so books I have read in the past week..... ones worthy of a little more speculation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Marian Keyes, too, but I haven't really read her recent stuff. I should give Jennifer Weiner a try, too. I have heard good things about her.