Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Books I've Read in the Past Week or So

I've been doing a lot of reading; but don't really have time to write up all of these books.  Sorry, readers.

But, I do want to let you know what has been keeping my reading brain turned on and happy and provide you with links so you can check them out.

The books below are all books I heartily recommend. In some cases, you'll see my reviews of them at Breakpoint or Novel Crossing and I'll let you know when they're posted there.  For each I have included one word or short phrase or description that comes to mind when I think about the book

c/o jane austen's world



The Irish Healer  by Nancy Herriman Perfectly Paced, Slow-Burning Romance. 

Veil of Pearls by Marylu Tyndall Attention to Detail. Breathless. Lace.

The Air we Breathe by Christa Parrish Trapped. Disillusioned. Plays with narrative tropes.

Home Another Way by Christa Parrish Lyrical. Music. Discordant. Clash. Rural.

Into the Free by Julie Cantrell  
Gypsy. South. Drenched. Abuse. Emotional resonance. Poetry. Pitch-perfect put-in-your-pocket poetry that lolls on your tongue. Taste. Palpable.

My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins and Fenway Park by Steve Kluger.  Cotton-candy-coloured-bright-flippant-ephemera-highschool-laugh-romance-sweet-friendship-awkward-giggle-nose-wrinkle-good.

Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker juvenalia-in-the-best-Bronte-way. Nostalgic. Flipped.


4 comments:

Heather Day Gilbert said...

Wow, love your little blips on the books. I'd totally agree with INTO THE FREE. And that Rachel Coker book sounds good, too, as well as several others!

Rachel said...

thanks Heather!!! :) Into the Free is gorgeous! Rachel Coker is just a teenager and yet she writes with the maturity and competence and confidence of a girl twice her age :)

Rissi said...

'Jupiter' was far-and-above the most mature YA I've yet to read (Bravo to Rachel Coker). And I STILL want to read 'Pearls'! :)

Joanne Bischof said...

I need to read this list. You had me at your delicious summaries :)