Monday, December 12, 2011

INSPY winners 2011

I am delighted that the 2011 INSPY Winners have been announced on the INSPYs website



I was excited to judge again this year in the Romance category: where the judges and I underwent some strong discussion before reaching the final selection, Yesterday's Tomorrow by Catherine West: a gritty and moving portrait of the Vietnam War.  The Vietnam War is a very new subject to Christian romance and West, a first time author,  deserves credit and recognition for her moving romance, her realistic research and her innovation in a time and setting not pursued in this genre.

I hope you check out West's book as well as the other books on the shortlist. I would like to highlight A Heart Most Worthy  (review here) and The Preacher's Bride (review to follow) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your review of The Preacher's Bride!