Friday, June 12, 2009

Mae Winslow, Kathleen Y'Barbo and the most fun I have had with a book in weeks!


I must confess, I am quite smitten with The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper. It is a rollicking good time with enough spice and witty flirtation to keep me not only engaged but wrinkling my nose in delight.


I am about mid-way through and, even though I can predict how the overall story will end, each page holds some surprise!

I especially love how talented Y'Barbo is at re-creating the vernacular of the dime novels her heroine, Gennie, is so fond of. Mae Winslow's wild west adventures are inserted in snippets which reflect the action that is going to take place. This ephemera is pitch-perfect!


I really love Y'Barbo's easy voice and her sass! Further, she has created one wonderfully flirty scene involving cowboy boots and repartee between a saucy heroine and a dashing british gent.


stetsons off to Y'Barbo --- I am love! love! loving this book!


check out The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper ---here!


check out Kathleen Y'Barbo here

and follow Kathleen on twitter!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks, love. ;)