Wednesday, June 24, 2009

anxiously awaiting: June Bug by Chris Fabry


My favourite novel is Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Some people state that they cannot pick a favourite novel. As a bibliophile, I understand the difficulty in choosing from so many wonderful worlds; stories; authors.

Suffice it to say, no other novel has had such a great impact on my life; nor moved me so profoundly emotionally and spiritually.

When I am up to the arduous task, perhaps I will relay its spiritual and theological relevance here as the quintessential work of Christian fiction.

Indeed, with so many testaments to life changing, it far surpasses so many of its ilk.


I am, thus, more than intrigued that Tyndale's Chris Fabry will be modernizing this work for general readership.

Above all, a tale of redemption, forgiveness and grace, I see how Fabry finds this subject suitable for a Christian readership.

I anxiously ( and somewhat skeptically--- as one is wont to do when a favourite piece of literature is re-set in a contemporary vein---) await Fabry's novel.


Please read more about it here and check out Chris Fabry's blog here



(much thanks to Otahyoni for keeping me in the loop

No comments: