Thursday, December 16, 2010

Harper Collins: Certified Savvy Read Rachel-style




Now, all, I love me some Harper Collins.



First, they have the best YA and Kids catalogue on the MARKET ( bar none ) and they publish some of my favourite authors.



And they have themselves an AMAZING site which I visit daily.



I also follow them on twitter....



...and I attend their events....



...and I read The Literates...



...and they are nice enough to send me books and listen to me ramble.





But, their Certified Savvy Read shortlist just doesn't float my boat. Which is sad because I LOVE SUPPORTING THEM!



Love the idea--- just not as fond of the selections, having read them all. In fact, with the exception of Gilead, I wasn't remarkably fond of any of the novels listed.





Luckily, and as previously mentioned, HC publishes a wide array of awesome stuff that I love!!





So, if I were making a Certified Savvy Read List I would include the following:



-Deafening by Frances Itani



-The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill



-Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel



-Town House by Tish Cohen



-Ines of My Soul by Isabel Allende



there are about 12 dozen more I could list; but these are a good snapshot.





Visit Harper Collins, buy their stuff for Christmas, pre-order Empire of Ruins , and so on and so forth.....and shop shop shop and read read read

1 comment:

Kailana said...

Me either... I haven't read all of your list yet, but I have them on my TBR pile if I haven't...