Thursday, July 19, 2007

HARRY! ....erm, what I really mean is SIRIUS !


In bookish movie adaptations, the best one running at the moment is inevitably Order of the Phoenix. What did we do before Sirius Black? Love him!



So, tonight I am laying out my "I Siriusly Love Sirius Black" shirt ( the one Carrie made me on her tshirt press a couple of years ago, my Gryffindor scarf, my lightning bolt temporary tattoo.....smack in the middle of my forehead, my Potter ball cap and my glasses and getting adrenaline ready for another round of Potter madness. This is my fourth Harry Potter as a book seller and I am VERY excited.



On Booking through Thursday's blog we have an exciting questionnaire which I will answer here:




1.Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?


Absolutely. I cannot wait. I have been avoiding all of the news AND that leaked NYT review


2.If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?


I am of course attending my bookstore's midnight party and I organized a bunch of fun stuff for the kids. I will start reading probably after work Saturday evening .

Working in the book business means you better be done by Monday or you will hear EVERYTHING !


3.If you’re not going to read it, why not?



4,And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?


I am most looking forward to the depth of Snape ---- we know that JK Rowling has an obvious affection for him, so I would like to see if he turns out to the be the TRAGIC HERO!


I hope Sirius' motorcycle plays a part, I also hope that RAB stands for Regallus Black.



Harry a horcrux? Perhaps !




No comments: