Sunday, December 03, 2006

canuck.

Canada Reads 2007!


The nation wide discussion/ contest that brought us Deafening, and Rockbound , and the Hubert Aquin book that no one understood.
Hats off to you, CBC!

Here's next year.... with some of everyone's perennial favourite judges ( face it ! I just have a thing for a contest where Jim Cuddy lets as all know he reads Guy Vanderhaegue and Steven Page...well. Steven Page should always have a venue for voicing his book opinions!

Stanley Park by Timothy Taylor
(defended by Jim Cuddy )


Children of My Heart by Gabrielle Roy
(defended by Denise Bombardier )


The Song of Kahunsha by Anosh Irani
(defended by Donna Morrissey)


Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
(defended by John K. Samson)

Natasha and Other Stories by David Bezmozgis
(defended by Steven Page)


There it is, kids, get reading. I have to read Lullabies and Song of Kahunsha; but since a lot of the selections have been around for a bit I, luckily in the case of the Roy and the Timothy Taylor, have already partaken.

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I want to read all the books included, but have not got to them yet. I am not supposed to be buying any books, so I will have to wait until the new year.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Deafening, but haven't read any of the others.